A highly motivated technical leader and student
of software processes, advanced techniques and emerging technologies, who loves
to teach, guide and mentor others.
Summary of Experience
Software Design and Technical Leadership
- Project Leadership: Lead multiple project teams
ranging from 2 to 15 developers in a variety of technical and business
environments for both Fortune 100 and Government agencies, including Benefits
Delivery, Hubble Space Telescope ground system, Naval Submarine database, File
- Design / Development: Extensive project
experience in a wide variety of environments using many programming languages,
tools and platforms. Created multiple frameworks for Powerbuilder, C++, and
Java. Mentored and lead application developers.
Software Process Improvement and Systematic Reuse
- Software Process Improvement: Developed
a Reuse-driven Approach for Parallel Iterative Development (RAPID) based on the
Rational Unified Process (RUP), Catalysis, eXtreme Programming (XP) and the SEI
Product-Line Practice. Trained and Mentored project leaders on applying RUP,
SELECT Perspective, Rumbaugh’s Object Modeling Technique (OMT) and RAPID.
- Software Reuse: Trained and mentored clients on
reuse processes, tools and techniques. Performed component-harvesting
initiatives for multiple projects. Created and deployed enterprise reuse
- Quality Assurance: Designed and developed unit
and suite testing tools for Java frameworks and applications. Initiated
software measurement approaches for defect management and process repeatability.
Performed design reviews.
Object / Component Technology Consulting
- Presentations: Developed and delivered workshops
and courses on Component-Based Development, Object-Oriented Technologies,
Frameworks, Architectures, Design Patterns, Business Process Modeling,
Java, Powerbuilder and C++.
- Mentoring and Training: Unified Modeling Language (UML), OMT, Business
Process Improvement, C++, Java, PowerBuilder, SELECT Enterprise, SELECT Component Manager,.
Awards and Achievements
- PatternsCentral.com: Forum moderator and featured column author. 2003--present.
- Keane Pride Award for Recognition of Excellent
Performance and Outstanding Contribution 2000, 1996
- NASA Appreciation of Outstanding Contributions to the
Hubble Space Telescope Vision 2000 Project
- Windows Tech Journal Objects Model Contributing Editor 1997
- Keane Speakers and Authors Recognition Award 1996
- KeaneTechnotes Newsletter Founder and Features Editor 1995 – 1996
- 13 Technical Articles Published
over last 12 years
- 11 Conference and Workshop Presentations in last 6 years
Technical Qualifications Summary
|17 years||Software Design/Development|
|4 years||Java Development|
|7˝ years||C/C++ Development|
|3 years||4-GLs (PowerBuilder,SQLWindows)|
|6 years||Client-Server, Communications|
|6 years||Database SQL/DBM/ISAM|
|8 years||Windows / NT|
|3˝ years||Unix / OS/2 PM|